Monday, July 23, 2012

Make your own jewelry out of recycled stuff

Months ago I was contemplating on what to do with the plastic straws literally delivered to our doorstep by a neighbor.
Imagine the surprised look in my face when I woke up to a plastic bag full of used (but clean, I assumed) plastic straws. Apparently, the neighbor learned that I am into crafting and "salvaging stuff from trash". I admit, I was a initially floored and slightly embarrassed. Nonetheless, I thanked the neighbor and slowly realized that she actually was giving me a compliment.
To thank her further for the thoughtful gesture I gave her a cuff bracelet crafted out of plstic straws (not the ones she gave though).

I was also browsing thruogh pinterest a couple of days a go and stumbled upon a bracelet made out of popsicle sticks. Its really a simple craft and it turns out to be one of the most pinned crafts from the site. I tried making a few pieces and became so inspired that I thought of making them into a chain necklace.


No comments:

Post a Comment